Nature School – Parent Corner
Camp Brain Registration Instructions:
- Use the new user sign up and follow the prompts to create an account. If you have an account from attending summer camp, please try that log-in before creating another account.
- Click the green Begin button for the Nature School ‘24-’25 year.
- Follow the steps as prompted.
Your child(ren) will be waitlisted until the lottery on Monday, Feb. 12th
2 day - $1,800 per year
3 day - $3,520 per year
5 day - $3,825 per year
Sprouts - $1,800 per year
Eco Explorers - $1,035 per year
K-5th - $6,255 per year
Half Day K - $4,620 per year
Closings and Delays
Nature School follows Carteret County Public Schools delays or closures, however due to the outdoor nature of our program we reserve the right to cancel or delay school due to severe weather on days when the public schools may remain open. If Carteret County schools delay or close, Nature School will follow the schedules below:
- If there is a 1-hour delay preschool will start on time at 9am.
- If there is a 2-hour delay preschool will start at 10am.
- Preschool will be canceled if the CCPS are canceled.
- If CCPS releases early for inclement weather, preschool session will continue until 12pm unless the release time for the public schools is before 12pm. In this case, parents will be notified of Nature Schools early release time.
- In some cases when the CCPS cancels school due to inclement weather, the weather clears, and it is safe for people to be on the road in the afternoon. If the school system cancels school but the roads are safe to travel on and the weather is safe to be at school, class may be held. The Nature School Director will e-mail/text parents by 10am to let parents know if the afternoons classes will be in session for the day.
- Afternoon classes will be canceled if the CCPS release early for inclement weather.
- If there is a 1-hour delay Lower School will start at 9am.
- If there is a 2-hour delay Lower School will start at 10am.
- Lower School will be canceled if the CCPS are canceled.
- If CCPS releases early for inclement weather, Lower School will release at the same time. In this case, parents will be notified of Nature Schools early release time.
All classes are held outside in all weather elements and appropriate clothing is essential for the students to have a safe and successful day at school. There are many opportunities for water and dirt play and students should be dressed in clothing that can get muddy. Click the icon above to download our gear guide.
Nature and Play Based Learning
Research articles coming soon.