Rent Our Facilities
Hold Your Own Event at Camp Albemarle
In addition to the many programs we run, the camp is available (both on weekends and during the week in non summer months) for groups to host their own event.
What we offer
- McElmon Lodge: 7 bedrooms with 6 beds and private bath in each (42 total), common room (Carroway Room) for meetings/ eating and a full kitchen
- Cabin: 6 Cabins with 16 bunks each (8 per side, 96 total)
- Bath House: for those staying in the cabins and day programs.
- Meals in our dining hall
- A variety of activities
Who uses us?
- Church groups
- Public and private schools for field trips and team-building activities
- Corporate and non-profit organization groups for team-building
- Families for reunions, weddings, and holiday celebrations
Our various meeting spaces include the Carroway Room (located in McElmon Lodge), Cabin 7 (has table/ chairs, couch, etc.), The Pavilion (has picnic tables), Dining Hall (has table & chairs)
Our various places to worship include: The Vesper Dell, and the Campfire Circle, but many of the places on site could be used as places of worship.
Activities Available to Your Group
- *Swimming in our pool (May through October)
- *Alpine Tower
- *Giant Swing
- *Team Building
- *Tree Climbing
- Kayaking and Fishing (on Bogue Sound)
- Fields (for sports or games)
- Soccer, kickball, volleyball, baseball
- Basketball Courts
- 9 Square In The Air & 4 square
- Carpet Ball
- All activities marked with an (*) require specialized camp staff to run.
Please, give us a call and explain your needs. We would love to help you set up your program or retreat! All of our activities are for both youth and adults.
Pool: Our Junior Olympic size pool is a great place to cool off and have some fun. The pool can be rented for a separate fee.
Vesper Dell: Right on the waterfront, the Vesper Dell is a beautiful spot for worship and contemplation.
Sports Fields/ Activities: Whether it is softball, soccer, volleyball or even tetherball and four square, we have the perfect space for your group! Check out the Corn Hole Games, our Carpetball table and ask about our famous GaGa Pit! We can even arrange a session at our archery range for your group with advance notice.
Waterfront: If you like to kayak or canoe, we have the perfect spot on Bogue Sound. We are just around the bend from Gale’s Creek, a great place to paddle and explore. We occasionally see dolphins and there are lots of crabs, shore birds and other wildlife to see. The 572 foot pier is a great place to fish, have a small meeting or just relax. We can supply the kayaks, canoe, paddles and even the lifejackets. Just be sure and bring your water shoes – those oyster shells can be sharp!
Pavilion: Our large pavilion is a great place for your picnic or other gathering. Several churches in the area use it to have a worship service followed by a family picnic. The pavilion has water and electricity and a spectacular view of Bogue Sound!
Fire Circle: What would camp be without a place for a Campfire? The campfire circle has comfortable seating and is a great place for worship, singing, telling ghost stories and of course –S’MORES! We can provide the roasting forks, you provide the marshmallows and fun!
Challenge Activities: If you are looking for a great way to challenge your group and help them learn to work together, check out the page here!